Tips & Tricks For Cleaning Black Mould From Duct.
Air vents and ducts have been made to circulate fresh air throughout the premises, a well-ventilated room is an ideal place to live for humans. The ducts provide us with the fresh air so that we can breathe freely. Thus, ducts are needed to be maintained and cleaned from time to time. Over time dust build up clogging up the air vents and cause disruption in the air flow, moreover, when the dirt and dust inside the duct came in contact with moisture, the mould starts to appear. Slowly these moulds take over all the duct and mould infestation starts taking place.
Mould is a type of fungus, it affects the home from any part. Moulds becomes clearly visible when matured, they’re black in colour and cover the surface or ducts from inside and reach to the walls. Moreover, moulds cause many health problems as well, when the air flow inside the duct, moulds contaminate it by spreading bacteria in it. When we inhale this air, it can cause breathing problem and asthma attack. Thus, it’s very important to get the ducts cleaned and proper Professional Duct Cleaning treatment shall also be done.
Things You Need For Duct Cleaning.
- Liquid detergent soap
- Baking Soda powder
- Vacuum cleaner with a hose pipe attachment
- Air Vent brush
- A microfiber cloth
- Cordless Drill
Tips And Tricks For Duct Mould Removal:
- First Step: Remove all the lids and registers of the vents and ducts. Now take a wet cloth to soak it in the solution of detergent and water, then rub and clean the lids. Rub the registers constantly to remove the layer of mud stuck in it and let it dry on its own. Brin a long brush, dip it into the water and liquid detergent solution, use the brush too deep clean the inside walls of your ducts. Wipe the floors and walls of your ducts extensively and clean them to make sure that no amount of mud is left.
- Second Step: You can use baking soda for duct mould removal, baking soda has antifungal property. In order to use it effectively for professional duct mould removal. You need to add some amount of soda to the detergent water solution. Take a cloth and rinse it with soda and detergent, use this cloth to rub the black layer of mould vigorously. Keep rubbing very place of your ducts where mould is present. Make sure you continue the process until no sign of black mould is seen. Leave the solution of soda inside the ducts as it is and leave the place to dry naturally.
- Third Step: Since your ducts are now dry, you can use an air vent brush and attach it to a cordless drill. Turn on the drill and use it to reach the walls and floors of ducts. Clean the ducts thoroughly and remove any sign of mould and baking soda present inside. Avoid reaching the end of the duct as it will be very hard to remove the dust that deep.
- Fourth Step: Finish duct mould removal by a deep and thorough Vacuum Duct Cleaning. Attach an extended hose pipe to the vacuum cleaner. It’ll reach to the depths of your ducts. With a slow place remove any kind of dirt and remaining soda and mould left. Keep running the vacuum all around the ducts and make sure every inch of your duct is clean and dirt free.
Why My Duct Cleaner?
My Duct Cleaner is one of the best duct cleaners in the city, with a year of experience in the duct cleaning industry, our experts are capable of handling all the duct cleaning related job. We have made an expert team and provided them with the proper training to clean the ducts effectively, all our employees are skilled, they know how to serve clients. So, if you’re searching for professional duct cleaning or even duct repair services, come to us and book our services, you can give us a call for booking an appointment.